SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The VMUF- Technical Vocational Education and Training Department is a university unit, committed to offer Technological program to produce world class technicians and entrepreneurs through competent training and dedicated service.
The VMUF- Technical Vocational Education and Training Department believes that a Technician must be equipped with the technical knowledge , occupational skills, positive work values to meet the manpower needs of the industries and services globally.
Based on the philosophy of the VMUF BSN Program, the following objectives have been formulated:
1. To prepare the trainees to become competent technicians ready to cope with the changing technology needs of industries.
2. To Equip the trainees with the Technical knowledge, positive work values and 21st century Skills relevant to the job market
3. To train the trainees and master the competencies and skills on thier choosen professions in the spirit of a true Christian
4. To assis and guide the trainees to become entreprenueur by creating livelihood in the countryside using their acquired training
(Bread and Pastry Production NC II, Cookery NC II, Food and Beverage Service NC II, Housekeeping Services NC II, Bartending NC II, Front Office Services NC II, Tour Guiding Service NCII)
The department started to operate as Tech-voc department in the year 1983 with two technical programs -Practical Electricity and Refrigeration & Air Conditioning . Additional Technical Vocational programs Diesel Engine Mechanics, Telephone/Telex Operator, Automotive Mechanics, Electronics Serviceman for Radio and Television Receivers, Welding and Fabrication Technology, Combustion Engine Technology and General Radio Communication Operator was given in 1991.
In the Year 2000, the Electronics Technology program was granted permit to operate by Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) replacing all Technical vocational programs. Additional Program 2-year Hotel and Restaurant Management was applied and government permit was granted in the year 2001. A Certificate of Accreditation as Assessment Center for Consumer Electronics Mechanics was granted February 18 2003.
Biomedical Equipment Maintenance technology. And granted permit to operate by Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in November 20, 2003.
In December 14,2009, VMUF became the first HEI in the Philippines to be a TESDA-Accredited Competency Assessment Center for its Biomedical Equipment Servicing NC II program. The said program was first offered in November 20, 2003.This became a reality following the certification of the faculty of the Technical Vocational Education and Training Department, namely Ms Epiphany Sajonas, Mr. Jayson Vinluan, and Mr. Clarito Castro, the Program head. The VMUF - Technical Vocational Education and Training Department will continue to play its role for the promotion and advancement of technical knowledge and its dedication to the development of Filipino potentials in mastering the skills of modern technology.
• ANIMAL HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (3 years)
• ANIMAL PRODUCTION NCII
• BIO-MEDICAL EQUIPMENT SERVICING NCII
• CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SERVICING NCII
• CAREGIVING NCII (1,170 HOURS)
• HEALTH CARE SERVICES NCII (906 HOURS)
• HOTEL AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT
PERMIT APPLIED FOR:
• COMPUTER HARDWARE SERVICING NCII
• BUILDING WIRING INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE NCII